Badam katli is one of my favorite sweets and the main reason being that it has very less added fat. You can increase/decrease the sugar quantity as per your taste and hence you can play with the calories. Almonds being one of the world's healthiest foods, is also the healthiest of all nuts. Some of the benefits include:
* Reduces the risk of heart disease: Almonds reduce the level of cholesterol in the body in turn reducing the risk of heart attacks.
* Protects against Diabetes and cardiovascular diseases: High content of antioxidants in almonds are the reason why they help to protect against diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
* Protects artery walls from damage: Flavanoids in almond skin along with vitamin E helps to protect artery walls from damage.
* Helps lose weight: Almonds are high in mono-saturated fats. This healthy fat helps to lose weight effectively.
* Reduces blood-sugar level: Flavanoids found in almond skin with antioxidants help reduce blood sugar level in the body.
* Provide good brain function: Almonds contain riboflavin and L-carnitine which are the nutrients that boost brain activity and reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease.
Any nuts, when kept in moderation helps our body to heal, gain energy and keep us beautiful inside and outside. Have them roasted, spread on bread, added to salad or as a dessert, nuts give the best nutrition!
|Nutritional Information (Approx) (per serving)|
|Cardamom powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Ghee/butter||to grease the plate|
* Wash and soak Almonds in warm water for 10 minutes.
* Drain water and peel the skin off almonds.
* Heat a frying pan and add peeled almonds. Fry for 2-3 minutes. take off the heat and let it cool
* In a pot, mix water and sugar. Bring it to boil.
* Meanwhile, powder the almonds to a fine powder.
* Add the powdered almonds, cardamom powder and mix well. Simmer the flame and keep stirring till the mixture becomes thick.
* Once the mixture reaches a soft and thick consistency (When the mixture completely stops sticking to the bottom), remove from heat and let it cool.
* Grease a plate with butter/ghee and pat the mixture thinly. Let the mixture cool completely. Cut the barfi to your desired share and serve, enjoy!