I made a stuffing for paratha and also made Green grapes Raitha/dip to go with it. It was "Lip smacking", I know this because Naveen did smack his lips after tasting Kidney beans Paratha dipped in tangy Green grapes Raitha haha :D
You can make the dip of your choice. Also, if you are making Green grapes dip, you may want to decrease the quantity of green chillies I have added if you prefer a less spicy dip.
|Nutritional Information (Approx)||(per serving)|
|Ingredients : For Parathas|
|[Makes 6 medium Parathas]|
|Wheat flour||3 cups|
|Water||1&1/2 to 2 cups|
|Oil/Ghee for frying|
|Ingredients : For stuffing|
|[stuffing for 6 rotis]|
|Kidney beans(washed and soaked in water for atleast 6 hours)||1 cup|
|Coriander leaves||1/4 cup|
|Green chillies||2 to 3|
|Ingredients : For Grapes dip|
|[Makes 3 Servings]|
|Green grapes||1 cup|
|coriander leaves||1/2 cup|
|cumin seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Green chillies||2 or 3|
|Salt to taste|
* Mix wheat flour and salt. Add warm water and mix it into a dough. Also add some oil and knead the dough for 5-6 minutes. Cover and keep it aside.
* Drain and pressure cook the kidney beans with fresh water just enough to cover most of the beans,for 3 whistles. Once cooked, drain and let it cool. You can save the Bean water/broth to prepare a soup or rasam.
* Grind the kidney beans coarsely and transfer it to a mixing bowl. In the same mixer, add onion, garlic, coriander leaves and green chillies. Grind it coarsely and transfer it to the same mixing bowl and add salt.
* Mix the kidney beans mixture well.
* Take a portion of the dough, roll it half way. Place a portion of the kidney beans mixture on the rolled dough.
* Pull the sides of the dough to cover the stuffing. Pinch the sides to cover the stuffing. Roll it into a ball, dust it and roll again with the stuffing. Do not try to roll it too thinly else it will get sticky and will break.
* Heat a frying pan and put the rolled paratha on the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle some oil/ghee and flip the paratha. fry again for 2-3 minutes until the paratha is cooked evenly. Serve hot with a yoghurt dip.
* I made a yoghurt dip using some green grapes and it was perfect for these parathas. Here is the recipe:
* Wash and chop the grapes and remove any seeds. In a Mix, grind grapes with coriander leaves, green chillies and cumin seeds to a smooth paste.
* Transfer it a bowl, add yogurt and salt and mix well.
* Serve this yogurt dip with rotis, paratha, fritters or hot bajjis.