This is the soup I learnt to make when I was following Cabbage soup diet. If you are looking for a weight loss plan that can help you lose weight within a week, Cabbage soup diet is the solution. Since cabbages are very low in calories and zero fat, cabbage soup is consumed many times a day during this diet. Whenever there was an occasion to wear Saree, I used to follow cabbage soup diet. It is amazing how this diet really and actually works. Just a week of diet (not starving even for a minute) and easily we could lose 5-7 kgs of weight! can you believe that? \:D/ It works only in the short run but it has always been around.
We were going for a 4-days Italy trip last weekend and I wanted to trim up myself. I have put on quite a lot of weight after I started blogging. :-? With all that mouthwatering pics and recipes I have been seeing in my blogger friends' posts, I try most of the recipes and eat it right away. I don't leave a trace of smell for Naveen by the time he comes home. :> If you are eating delicious food, you will not know how the lonely time passes you see! So I started off with my cabbage soup diet and voilà! I still lost 4 kilos even with some cheats here and there. Though this recipe is not exactly what is followed in a cabbage soup diet, I make this as a cheat soup to satisfy my salt pangs. The original cabbage soup includes veggies like carrots, leeks, mushroom, peppers, onions and no-salt is must. I had taken the pics when I was preparing the cheat soup anyway so thought will post it since it is so very tasty, aromatic and surprisingly low in calories.
|Nutritional Information (Approx) (per serving)|
|[Makes 3 servings]|
|Olive oil||2 teaspoons|
|Green chillies||2 or 3|
|Cabbage cleaned & chopped||3 cups|
* Heat olive oil in a pan and add chopped onion and green chillies. Fry till the onion looks transparent.
* Add chopped cabbage and fry for 20 minutes till the raw cabbage smell goes away.
* Add coriander leaves, cover the lid and cook for 10 more minutes.
* Blend the mixture will water. Add salt and bring it to boil. Serve hot with or without bread.
* You can skip the chillies and add pepper powder instead.
* Add milk for more creaminess in the soup.
* Make sure to cook the cabbage for at least 20 minutes since the raw cabbage does not blend completely and does not smell too good.
* You can also add finely chopped veggies of your choice after the cabbage is blended.
Sending this to: In My Veg Box - Cabbage @ Citrus Spice and Motions and Emotions